1/3 to 1/2 pound cucumber slices (or summer squash)
1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
1/2 cup cold water
3/4 TBS kosher salt
1 clove garlic, sliced
1/4 cup fresh dill
1/4 tsp mustard seed, crushed
1/8 tsp red chili flakes
1/4 tsp black peppercorns
1. Place all seasonings (except salt) in bottom of a 1-pint mason jar. Add cucumber slices, packing tightly.
2. Measure vinegar, water and salt into separate container and stir until salt is dissolved.
3. Pour liquid into jar, making sure to cover cucumbers completely. (Mix another batch if necessary.)
4. Screw lid tightly on jar and shake for about a minute. Put in refrigerator.
5. Shake jar every day for about a week. After a week, they are ready to eat!
*I don't measure anything, ever, so the amounts you see are my best guesses.
*If it says "Serves 2", that means it serves 2 people who eat small portions and hate leftovers. You may want to double the recipe for Big Eaters.