Friday, February 5, 2010

Second Place

While most people make New Year's Resolutions beginning January 1st, we decided to make the shortest month of the year "Soberuary".  Actually, our friend Mike turned us on to Soberuary years ago but this is the first time we decided to give it a go.  Even though our drink of choice for the next 22 days (and counting!) will be water on the rocks, possibly with a twist, I wanted to mention a new rum we tried the last week of January...

Zaya.

It's 80 proof so it's got a little bite to it.  (Kilo Kai was only 70 proof.)  It's really delicious, but I'm going to give it Second Place behind Kilo Kai because of the extra zing.  If I'm sipping rum, I can't really afford the extra 10 proof.  It might be a winner among men, but I'm not looking for any hair on my chest.  (Although that bite might serve as helpful reminder that I am indeed drinking liquor and not candy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment